Re-flashing the routers firmware is both a convenient method to prepare a new unit for installation and a reliable troubleshooting step in resolving problem states. The steps to complete the re-flash process are described below.
- Download and install WinPCap available here: http://www.winpcap.org/install/default.htm
- Download the flash utility (open-mesh-flash-ng.exe - Release 1.0.4)
- Connect PC with flash utility to the routers WAN port
- Open a Windows Command Prompt window and move to the flash utilities directory
- Run utility with no options to see list of PC network interfaces
- Run utility again with the number of your Ethernet interface
- If the flash doesn't do anything on it's own right away, power cycle the router to kick-start the process
Once the router comes back up after a re-flash, it's LED should flash yellow and ask to be Re-Paired in Cloudtrax as the final step in the re-flash process.