Re-flashing the routers firmware is both a convenient method to prepare a new unit for installation and a reliable troubleshooting step in resolving problem states. The steps to complete the re-flash process are described below.
- Download and install WinPCap available here: http://www.winpcap.org/install/default.htm, not required if using Linux.
- Download the flash utility (Windows: open-mesh-flash-ng.exe - Linux: open-mesh-flash-ng Release 1.0.8).
- Connect PC with flash utility to the routers WAN port.
- Open a Windows Command Prompt window and move to the flash utilities directory.
- Run utility with no options to see list of PC network interfaces.
- Run utility again with the number of your Ethernet interface.
- If the flash doesn't do anything on it's own right away, power cycle the router to kick-start the process.
Once the router comes back up after a re-flash, its LED should flash yellow and ask to be Re-Paired in CloudTrax as the final step in the re-flash process.
Note: The message "is of type 'redboot' that we have no image for" is common and can be ignored.