Before you decide to migrate to the new user management system, we recommend reading the overview and structure article to understand things at a high level and keep in mind that this is a one-way process (once you migrate to the new system, you can not go back to the old one, although you can continue to log into the old account using the old credentials). If you would like to check out the features of the new system before you decide to move all your existing networks, you can do so by creating a test master account and migrating it over.
Once you decide you want to migrate an existing CloudTrax master account to the new user management system, follow these steps:
1. If you haven't already done so, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "User Management Beta - <your master account name>", where "your master account name" is the account that you would like to migrate. We will enable the migration feature, in those accounts. Note, that once we are past the beta phase with this product, this step will no longer be necessary as the feature will be visible in all master accounts.
2. Log into a specific master account and navigate to the accounts page, where you will see a new section called "New User Management System"
3. Click on the link that points to the migration wizard and follow along
4. The first step is to create the very first Account Admin user. For this, enter a Name, an email address (that will be used to log into CloudTrax, going forward) and pick (and confirm) a password. Note that the password must follow (character restrictions?) and the email address should be a valid one, since we will send you a verification email that you must receive, before you can complete this process.
5. When you click next on that, you'll see a message telling you you're done.
And that's it! - you should get an email from CloudTrax at your login email ID. Once you click on the link inside that email and verify your email ID, you'll be able to log into CloudTrax with your new user credentials and use the new user management system.
1. You will log in with the new user credentials via the same login page as before at www.cloudtrax.com
2. You can continue to log into your account using the old credentials (master account name or network name)
3. After migration, any new networks you create while logged in with the old credentials will not be visible when logged in with the new credentials. It is recommended that you use the new credentials only, once migrated.
4. The CloudTrax Mobile App currently does not support the new user management system, but you can continue to log into it with the old credentials. We will add support for it in the next couple months. Keep in mind that networks you create using the mobile app will only be visible via the old login, in CloudTrax.